Thursday, November 27, 2008

recover network setting after stop SSL VPN tunnel.

I use ubuntu in my laptop for the work, and access corporate network with SSL VPN "network connection" . it works well on establishing tunneling, and maintaining connection. the "network connection" creates a tunnel interface tun0-00 with alllocated IP from coportation network, and addes coporates defaut gateway in the routing table along with my home default gateway. It works well .
However, I alway lost internet connection after I signout or stop "network connection". I found that "network connection" not only deleted coporate default gateway entry, but also deleted my home default gateway entry, and caused no default gateway setting.
Big issue? In windows, It may be, however, in ubuntu, I do not think so. To recover all the network setting include default gateway entery, I use a single command : /etc/init.d/networking restart.

No comments: